Hi everyone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallCoolOne

Reaction score
I'm a small batch fresh fruit wine maker. I've used a strawberry wine recipe for the last 3 seasons that was my dad's recipe. He passed away in the fall of 1993 when I was 23 years old. My younger brothers and I were not into wine at all at that point and he hadn't made wine in a while before his passing. His strawberry wine was locally famous among his friends and co-workers. One day about 4 years ago, my brother was talking to a former co-worker of Dad's and they were talking about Dad's strawberry wine. The guy said he thought he had a copy of the recipe. A few days later the guy gave my brother a yellow index card with the recipe in my Dad's handwriting. I've been making between 1 and 3 gallons of strawberry wine depending on my strawberry crop every spring since.

I also started making blackberry wine last summer. My story for blackberry wine isn't as cool. I just looked up recipes online and starting playing with different sugar levels and different yeast strains.

Back