Hi everyone! another new guy from NoVA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stranman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Its only proper, if I introduce myself. My name is Paul from Northern Virginia, Fairfax specifically. I came across this website searching El Goog, but can't remember exacty what ...

My father has been homebrewing and making wine for some time, and its always interested me, but living in a condo I never had the space until last year, when my wife and I bought our first single-family. Man, its nice to have a basement and garage!

I got started with a Brewer's Best startup setup with a few upgrades, and brewed my first American Ale. It turned out great (primaried & secondaried), and the keg is already kicked!

I've already caught the addiction where I'm looking at where and how to upgrade my setup. I'll see you around!

-P

Welcome! I'm also a newbie here! I just moved back to Central Ohio from Northern VA! I worked just outside of Fairfax at a Physical Therapy clinic in Merrifield!

I was going to post my own thread until I saw this one. I also live in Fairfax and am finally able to start brewing after getting married and moving out of a condo. No garage, but at least I have a basement.

I brewed my first batch last weekend (Irish Red Ale) and am waiting impatiently for it. I've been browsing the forums for a couple weeks now, but I finally decided to make an account and join up. Since there is nothing that I can do except wait, I just keep browsing and trying to find the best ways to expand my basic setup.

I'm jealous you went straight to kegging. I think it will take a while for me to get the green light on purchasing all the equipment required for that.

Hey! Recently moved into DC and work down in Herndon. I'd love to swap some homebrew with anyone local!

I was going to post my own thread until I saw this one. I also live in Fairfax and am finally able to start brewing after getting married and moving out of a condo. No garage, but at least I have a basement.

I brewed my first batch last weekend (Irish Red Ale) and am waiting impatiently for it. I've been browsing the forums for a couple weeks now, but I finally decided to make an account and join up. Since there is nothing that I can do except wait, I just keep browsing and trying to find the best ways to expand my basic setup.

I'm jealous you went straight to kegging. I think it will take a while for me to get the green light on purchasing all the equipment required for that.

Funny thing is when I got married, it was my wife's idea to throw a kegerator on our registry... low and behold, a group of friends bought it for us! I had to completely gut and replace everything except the compressor to make it worthy, but still much cheaper than buying brand new (damn Nostalgia brand).

I heard one of the biggest pain in the @ss's is to clean the bottles so I jumped right to kegging, plus I got 2 free Cornies from my brother in law (awesome guy!).

Latest posts

Back