Hi community

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catalyst101

Reaction score
Well Hey guys im new here.I've never actually brewed beer. I'm actually into all grain spirits.so I'm not totally in the dark.But i really would like to brew me a batch of good beer.I'm just the kind off guy, that if i can do it myself i would rather do it myself. I mean who knows what i like better than me? I'm from st Louis mo and i could and will use all and any help you cream offer. Thx for having me.

Welcome to HBT!

Use brewer's yeast (there are many strains) and control your ferm temps, keep the fermenting beer toward the lower side of the yeast's range (there are exceptions) and warm up a few degrees toward the end.

Unlike distilling we can't remove heads and tails, everything you do remains in the beer.

Welcome to the group, from Minnesota!

As IslandLizard mentioned, fermentation temps are very important. Also sanitation--anything touching wort or beer on the cold side should be cleaned and sanitized. Many brewers (myself included) have discovered the hard way what happens when things aren't so sanitary.

Good luck with your brewing, and we're here to help if you have questions.

Back