Hi and Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobsportcards

Reaction score
Hi. I've been lurking on the site for a while now and finally decided to join in.

By name is Bob and I live in central Ohio. Been homebrewing for about a year.

I'm an extract/speciality grains brewer. I have a small wine refrigerator that can be set from 40-64F which I use for my fermentation chamber.

Since I started using the chamber, all of my batches are 2.5 gallons (I have a 3 gallon better bottle that fits perfectly in the chamber).

I've been doing full boils, mostly with DME, in a 5 gallon pot. The 2.5 gallon size is great, as I can try a lot of different brews and bottling day doesn't suck so much.

I enjoy APA's, IPA's, Wheats, Belgum's and Stouts (I think that covers them all).

Looking forward to participating in this great community.

Cheers,

Bob:mug:

Welcome Bob! I also brew 2.5 gallon batches. I love having the ability to have a variety of beers and the cost of each batch doesn't break the bank! :mug:

Hey Bob! I also use a wine cooler for fermentation but mine is big enough to hold a 6.5 gal bucket with lots of space above. Controlling that with an STC-1000 was probably the singles best thing I did for my brewing. I hope you don't trust any temp controller that's built in ;)

Welcome to the show! :mug:

Back