Hi All

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Professor

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been brewing for about 2 years now. I am closing in on batch number 50. I now brew mostly my own recipe small batch (2.5) all grain and sometimes my own recipe larger batch (5.0) partials.

I became interested in brewing watching and "assisting" a friend brew. He was doing all grain/partials and it was a lot more than I was interested it doing. But one day he made up an extract kit someone gave him for Christmas, and I thought I could do that. After a Google search I found I needed to decide between a Coopers startup kit or a Mr. Beer startup kit. I chose the Mr. Beer kit because it cost less and had lots of recipes.

I have had no regrets. For most of the first year I brewed Mr. Beer recipes. Sometime around the end of the first year I started brewing 5 gallon extract kits, at first splitting them and then buying a 5 gallon (6.5) fermenter.

With no intention of doing so, I quite suddenly started brewing small batch all grain recipes. The first two were flops, but I had been having issues with some brews before that too. So I relooked at all my procedures and made some modifications. I have not had any of the same problems since then.

I am now used to making as good a brew as the recipe I have decided on allows.

Posting this mainly so I can check my sig and preferences...

And Hi, too...

Latest posts

Back