Hi all want to add a chilling coil to 15.9 gallon spiedel frementers have a question on aquarium siz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
I plan on adding a chilling coil from my SS brewtech brew buckets to the lid of the spiedel and getting the extensions so the chilling coil is sufficiently in the wort.

I plan on using an inkbird two way controller for heat and cooling.

The plan for the heat side is to use both a heat mat, and ferment wrap heating coil for the heat sources (one on the base of the spiedel the other attached to the side).

Chilling loop will be installed through the lid along with a thermowell kit referenced elsewhere on here to measure temps in the wort.

Looking for the right size of aquarium pump to use for such an application. Chill water source can be either a cooler filled with bricks or a spare corny filled with water to do the water exchange (the kegerator temp is usually 36 f and the lines come out the side).

Also plan on putting in the 90 degree half inch blow attachment in the lid so I can just run line into a central bucket filled with starsan for blowoff.

What does HBT recommend?

TIA!

Back