Hey yall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big boss

Reaction score
I’m new to this of course, I brewed 3 times with two successes. I also haven’t really done it by the book and each time I wing it with info I’ve gathered from forums, other people’s recipes, and luck. I’ve become smitten with fermenting and I want to do so many unconventional things that I just have to join a place where people know more than me. Regular internet searches have failed me too many times. With that said LOAD ME WITH SCIENCE AND INFO PLEASE

Welcome cuz.
Start reading in the beginners forum. Soon you’ll have a grip on what you do to make good beer. Once you get the basics down, then start playing.
Cheers

I haven’t even gotten to beer yet, I’m fermenting (not actually brewing) on a budget and I’ve only made a couple wines

Do you have a hydrometer? That should be your first thing to buy.
Is there a recycling place you can get 1 gallon (4 liter) jugs from? They work nicely for small batches.
A 2 gallon food grade bucket from Lowe’s is handy for getting wine and mead started. Then move to 1 gallon jugs.
A racking cane and bit of hose.
I’m not awake yet this morning. Those few items will get you going.
I make beer, wine and mead. I learned almost everything I know from reading here.
Happy brewing and cheers!

I have 5 gallon buckets and some flexible line to rack. I don’t have a hydrometer. I’m not sure what a racking cane is but my imagination says it’s made to siphon. I usually rack into glass bottles I save from juice or something.

Back