Hey there

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopsNTails

Just another day in the apocalypse
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been been creeping around these forums for a while now and decided today was the day I'd get in on the action. Im in San Jose, Ca. Been brewing all grain off and on for 5 years. Getting back into it again over the last few months. There's a lot of great information here that i am constantly referencing. I am interested in sending my homebrew to some experienced brewers to get some "constructive criticism". Lots to learn and lots to upgrade.

Welcome to the forum! If you are looking for constructive criticism I might recommend looking into local homebrew clubs around your area. They are a great resource and usually a lot of fun.

Welcome and howdy. This is a great place to learn. I didn’t know jack before I started here. Now Captain Jack Silverback and I are best friends.

They've demo'd most of the buildings and/or fenced them off in recent years. It seems that the vandalism has increased, significantly at the same time...weird.

Anyways, welcome :)

I was at Presidio in the early 90s. Didn't they enlarge the housing area and put in a college or something like that back before that time?

I was at Presidio in the early 90s. Didn't they enlarge the housing area and put in a college or something like that back before that time?

Most of the former Fort Ord has been turned into California State Uni. Monterey Bay now; however, a lot of the area has also been demo'd for residential housing and commercial real estate, too. Marina is a booming town now!

Most of the former Fort Ord has been turned into California State Uni. Monterey Bay now; however, a lot of the area has also been demo'd for residential housing and commercial real estate, too. Marina is a booming town now!

Good to know. I was last back there about 2006. I took my wife to LA and we drove up the coast to Monterey. I showed her around a bit. It ticked off another State for her.

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

A good way to get helpful feedback is entering beers in competitions. You get a score (0-50 scale overall) and a scoresheet from certified judges, rating different aspects of the beer--color, head retention, aroma, mouthfeel, flavor, etc. See if there are any comps in your area, and look at the BJCP styles your beers will fit in. They usually require that you submit two 12oz bottles per entry, along with a small fee.

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

A good way to get helpful feedback is entering beers in competitions. You get a score (0-50 scale overall) and a scoresheet from certified judges, rating different aspects of the beer--color, head retention, aroma, mouthfeel, flavor, etc. See if there are any comps in your area, and look at the BJCP styles your beers will fit in. They usually require that you submit two 12oz bottles per entry, along with a small fee.
My problem is that I can't internet that well. I ha e a lovely hellos bock that I want everyone to try, but I only made 5 gallons of it and after reading your post, I found one competition I could join. Problem is I needed to sign up last month... how am I going to keep beer that I want to drink?

Is there some acronym for "I'm too intoxicated to be posting on a forum"? I'm new here, forgive me

My problem is that I can't internet that well. I ha e a lovely hellos bock that I want everyone to try, but I only made 5 gallons of it and after reading your post, I found one competition I could join. Problem is I needed to sign up last month... how am I going to keep beer that I want to drink?

Is there some acronym for "I'm too intoxicated to be posting on a forum"? I'm new here, forgive me
Edit-- I have a lovely helles bock

Latest posts

Back