Hey There from Dallas(ish)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethcros

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I have posted once or twice on here, but I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Seth Crosland and I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I just brewed my first batch this weekend. I'm so excited that I can't stop looking that little bubbles coming out of the fermenter! This forum has given me so many ideas. I went and got the Beersmith computer program, and that has been awesome to play around with. I have taken some recipes from here and put them into to to make my wish list. Anyway, about me. I've got two kids, 11 and 8 who love science, so I am sharing my new hobby with them. They are fascinated by yeast! My wife got me my starter kit for my birthday, but I'm going out today and getting me more stuff...happy birthday to me! Well, I look forward to learning and growing in this hobby, and I look forward to participating in this forum.

Hey guys! I'm in Hurst and have been looking to see if any new brewers are out there near me to share ideas and recipes. I actually just posted a new thread a bit ago. Let me know if you're interested.

Welcome!
A Dallas Newbie here! - Garland area...
The husband & I just brewed our second beer & bottled our first in the last week!
Welcome to the hobby!!

Thanks! I'm just down 380 from you in Savannah (NW like 10 minutes from Frisco).

Hey... Savannah... That's the neighborhood off a two-lane high school between like Denton & McKinney or something like that? I think I went & toured some of the model homes when I was in college about 6 or 7 years ago... That was a cool little community.

Nice for you to join!

Hey... Savannah... That's the neighborhood off a two-lane high school between like Denton & McKinney or something like that? I think I went & toured some of the model homes when I was in college about 6 or 7 years ago... That was a cool little community.

Nice for you to join!

Yep, it's off the tollway and down 380 a few miles. We like it. I grew up in Garland and Mesquite. Is there a Dallas group that gets together? If not we should start one!

Yep, it's off the tollway and down 380 a few miles. We like it. I grew up in Garland and Mesquite. Is there a Dallas group that gets together? If not we should start one!

I actually don't know.. I know there is a guy on here, DeafSmith who is in Richardson... He really knows what he's talking about & has totally helped me out on some of my info. & questions about the two brews we have done... i actually know of a couple, who got the hubby & i into brewing & she tells me that there are tastings and festivities...

The North Texas Homebrewers Association is the local club http://www.nthba.org/ Brian at the Winemakers Toystore, my preferred LHBS, is very involved with it. WMTS also does a monthly brew day. I have met some people on here that I have become friends with and brew with them on occasion, but most of brew buddies are people I knew prior to joining this site. A brew day at my house is an event. There have been as many as 4 guys brewing at once, but usually it is 2 or 3 with a bunch standing around, hanging out and drinking. We have a blast!

Latest posts

Back