Hey Hey from Alberta, Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBeer

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to say hello here as I am a brand new member. I'm not new to site, I have been looking around on the forums for information and what not over the last little while here. Still have a few things on my account to get up.

I love this site, it has so much information! The people on here seem really great too and very willing to help. It doesn't seem like any question is stupid around here (just make sure you search :) )

I have been brewing for about 8 months now and I very very much enjoy it. I haven't had much help practically, just information on this site and books. Some books I found extremely useful is "Mastering Homebrew by randy Mosher", "How to brew by John Palmer" and random articles. I seriously recommend both those books very informative.

Thus far in my brewing journey I have made about 5 - 5gallon batches and 1 or 2 Mr. Beer Kits. I started with the Mr. Beer kit and after the first one it wasn't enough for me. I figured for the amount of time it takes to make 8.5L why wouldn't I make 19L... All of my batches so far are all extract. Either all LME or a combo of LME and DME.

Currently just finished a light lager: OG=042 FG=011 time is 32 days primary/secondary just bottled and likely spend another 7 days in the bottle.

Thanks again everyone for being a great resource and a friendly community.

HAPPY BREWING!

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

Haha yup! Dude I work with like grolsh so he saves me the bottles. When he found out I brew he brought me 32 out of the blue..

Howdy MHBeer! I'm in Lethbridge. Not sure what sort of brew store is there in Medicine Hat, but if you get to Calgary stop by the Vineyard, it has lots of good stuff. I end up ordering ingredients etc. online. I've never been been disappointed ordering from Hop Dawgs or Ontario Beer Kegs.

Calgary here :)

Welcome to the group!!

There are two decent homebrew shops here in Calgary. Vineyard and Grapes to Glass.

Honestly, though, I end up buying most everything (except grain) online.

Hi there! I took a trip up to grapes to glass. Awesome shop and the dude who runs it is really great! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes

Yeah at G2G he told me anything I need he can ship over anything including milled grains. Really good customer service. He only warned me about shipping liquid yeast vials said he would but didn't recommend it

Back