Hey from Vancouver, WA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recurved

Reaction score
Hey guys, just started my first batch of cider, and some buddies are on their 4th batch of beer. Being in the NW, I love having so many craft brews around, but I'm digging the DIY thing.

I got my start in cider a few years ago, in college down in Corvallis (Go Beavs!). I fell in love with 2 towns cider and was able to meet them and do a little documentary on them for class. They are great guys and originally got me thinking on the idea of doing my own.

Now I'm a week into my first batch with a recipe from here and can't wait. Hopefully I can meet some of you at one of these brewfests one of these days.

Rock on gents, and bottoms up!

Welcome. I'll be down in your neck of the woods in about 90 days (brew bros) to stock up.If you're also a flinger of arrows we should find the time to cut some paper.

Just moved from Vancouver to Chicago and I already miss the PNW. :-( If you haven't checked out Bader yet, you should; they're the best LHBS that I found in the greater Portland metro area.

Welcome to the group, from CO. Try Ed Wort's Apfelwein, delicious.

That's next of the list. Going to try a pomegranate/ apfelwein mix.

Welcome. I'll be down in your neck of the woods in about 90 days (brew bros) to stock up.If you're also a flinger of arrows we should find the time to cut some paper.

Glad someone figured out the name! Yeah I shoot Olympic Recurve. You?

Just moved from Vancouver to Chicago and I already miss the PNW. :-( If you haven't checked out Bader yet, you should; they're the best LHBS that I found in the greater Portland metro area.

Ill have to check them out. Currently Ive been using FH Steinbart. Really helpful group of guys.

Glad someone figured out the name! Yeah I shoot Olympic Recurve. You?

Training wheels. It's where I started years (and years) ago as a meat hunter. I am mightily impressed by guys that consistently kill game with recurve/long bows -- especially ones that do it from the ground.

I appreciate the other HBS options mentioned in/around Portland. Might save me some driving.

Back