Hey from New Zealand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richj4

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I'm Rich (just by name) and moved to NZ a few years ago, I'm originally British and practically grew up drinking beer.... anyways, I've recently taken a serious interest in brewing my own beer because i'm sick of the NZ prices, now if we want to generalize, For the price of 24 330ml beers in NZ, I've been able to buy a starter kit with ingredients that will produce 38ish 600ml bottles of beer... obviously there's other costs in brewing my own and the time it takes to perfect my craft, however I like most (all?) other homebrewers love beer and the idea of making my own and trying new flavours/blends and experimenting has me so excited i feel like a kid at Christmas!

Looking forward to taking delivery and making my first batch!

On a subnote: a friend at work has been brewing his own beer for a bit longer than I and we have this inkling to start a nano-brewery, haha it's just for fun at the moment and we're just going to take it with babysteps before doing anything serious, but we do have a name and a few beer names, we're IT guys and have already secured the website name (small cost considering we're involved in the profession) - it's deffo the start of our dream and we're both pretty excited about having a future in this, but right now it's about learning to make beer we both love!

Nice to meet you all

Rich

Welcome aboard. NZ is on my bucket list of places to go.

It's deffo something everyone should try, this place is beautiful, I came just to travel and ended up staying here I loved it so much.

There's a lot of good beer here too, just the prices pushing me in this direction!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

It's deffo something everyone should try, this place is beautiful, I came just to travel and ended up staying here I loved it so much.

There's a lot of good beer here too, just the prices pushing me in this direction!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

They have great brewing and distilling laws there from what I have seen. I'd love to visit but I couldn't stay as the firearms laws there do not suit me well at all :(
Happy homebrewing!

Back