Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cata_rebel

Reaction score
Hi
I'm doing biab in keggle whit electric element 5500w whit false bottom and recirculate back into the top with a locline sparge ring I have the temperature sensor and element under the false bottom

I want to get bayou classic 82 qt whit basket to brew 11 gal full water
I'm planning to used the bag in the basket for mash of course I will rise the basket over the heating element

What are you guys thinking of continue re-circulation on top of grain ???

I read somewhere the water is going on the side of the grains between basket and kettle and is not going thru grain bed

Also I saw and read some people have the temp sensor on the line after pump before returning in the kettle Not in the kettle

What's the best method????

Hi
I'm doing biab in keggle whit electric element 5500w whit false bottom and recirculate back into the top with a locline sparge ring I have the temperature sensor and element under the false bottom

I want to get bayou classic 82 qt whit basket to brew 11 gal full water
I'm planning to used the bag in the basket for mash of course I will rise the basket over the heating element

What are you guys thinking of continue re-circulation on top of grain ???

I read somewhere the water is going on the side of the grains between basket and kettle and is not going thru grain bed

Also I saw and read some people have the temp sensor on the line after pump before returning in the kettle Not in the kettle

What's the best method????
Here is pic of my system
1553345627833.jpeg

You want the temp sensor for the controller as close to the heating element as possible, and in an area that gets some wort flow. This will prevent the wort from getting overheated, and possibly scorching, which can happen if the controller is reading the temp at the return point. You can monitor temp with additional probes wherever you want.

The flow question is complicated. It depends on how fast the flow is, where the flow is returned to the grain bed, how fine the grain is milled, the types of grain being used, etc. You will probably have to experiment with your configuration to figure out what works for you. Every system seems to be a bit different.

Brew on :mug:

On the keg set up i have the valve in center heating element on the right and the Temp sensor on the left all of them on the same level and the return port on the upper left
I order 100qt kettle and before I start to make holes on it I want more ideas or more improvements
Brew on

Back