Help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cseifert151

Reaction score
My blackberry port is doing this. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to make it stop before it over flows. The mass on top just keeps rising and it just transferred to secondary

image-3538656589.jpg

Use a sanitized turkey baster and suck some of the wine up and put it into another sanitized vessel and airlock it (or cover it with a clean cloth and hold it in place with a rubber band until it slows down). Or you could use a "blow off tube", but you might lose some of the wine that way.

It appears to be rising sediment. It slowed and I'm watching it closely but I did have to get some of it out. It's my first attempt at pressing my own juice in a wine so it's very strange!

Yea my favorite method is to take a bit and put it in a small plastic bottle. Clean turkey baster works well. Put the lid on loosely and place that in the fridge. When it all does down then add the plastic bottle back to the jug.

Back