Help with WB-06

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indymedic

Reaction score
Hey guys brewed my first wheat on the 15th pitched WB06 that night and noticed active fermentation the next morning. Just opened the fermenter today and there is still quite a bit of yeast floating. OG 1.056 Today SG 1.007. I have never used this yeast before so I am just wondering how long most people leave this one to ferment.

Btw it tastes great.
Thanks in advance

It is still pretty young since it's only been fermenting a little over a week. I would give it at least another week if it were mine and check gravity again.

I am interested in trying this yeast out again next time I do a wheat. What type of flavors and aromas are you getting and what temp did you ferment?

I just brewed a pm hefeweizen w/wb-06. I did 3 wks @ a steady 70°F then batch primed to 2.8 vol & bottled. wb-06 is a bit more attenuative than say 3068 but the flavor profile is the same. fermented @ 70 I find its very well balanced between phenol & ester w/ both present but neither really standing out.

Right on meatcleaver. Mine has been fermenting at about 72f which is about where my basement stays at this time of year. I was worried from what I read the phenols come out a lot in higher temps but I didnt taste much of that. I used magnum and centenial hops so maybe that plays a roll , I dont really know. I will def let it go another couple weeks.

thanks

Let it go another week. I had WB-06 fermenting at about 58 degrees for 2 weeks and it finished up well. It was a very clove tasting wheat but that's what I like!:D

Good luck getting banana out of wb06. It is the most random tasting yeast I have used. I have used at least 10 times in the past year or two. Each beer was fermented at damn near same Temps. Each beer tasted completely different and never any banana. But in some way it always tasted good. Can't complain there. Just missing the banana I wanted

I use WB-06 for my Hefe and ferment at 72D, Has an nice banana flavor but not to much. It finishes out at about 10 days at 1.007 and has alot of yeast floating, I just rock my caraboy a little and it falls.

Latest posts

Back