Help with understanding recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codym

Reaction score
Not getting a response from the original thread. Have all of the ingredients sitting here ready to brew, but I have no idea if I want to shoot for 5.5 gallons of wort or 6 gallons of wort. I think its 6, but maybe this means 6 after you add lime aid. (you add half gallon lime aid on day 3 of fermentation) I don't want to be wrong because my OG will probably be way off if so. Here's the recipe:

SD-Slim recipe
All Grain
6.25lbs Pale Malt (2 Row)
4lbs White Wheat Malt
1lb Vienna Malt
****Mash 158 for 45 minutes****
0.25 Motueka Hops at 60 Minutes
0.25 Sorachi Ace 20 minutes
0.25 Motueka Hops 20 minutes
0.25 Sorachi Ace 7 Minutes
0.50 Lime Zest 5 Minutes
White Labs Hefeweizen IV Ale Yeast
****Start Vigorous Fermentation****
After Vigorous Fermentation subsides, add 1.75L Simply Limeade
****Ferment for a minimum of 3 weeks****

Just curious where the recipe came from? My guess would be 5.5g into primary then add the half gal later to make 6?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. But if you wait till fermenting to make 6 gallons, your keg won't hold it all. Unless you lose a gallon in transferring

You may want to plug it in software with your efficiency and go from there. It looks like it's configured for 5.5 gal at 70% efficiency but if your efficiency is very different you will also miss your OG.

Latest posts

Back