Help with stand choice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlwahler

Reaction score
I am buying either a brew magic stand ( just the stand) fir about $1100 and I will pick it up from Sabco so no shipping or buying a blichmann top tier with three burners for about $1000 from northern Brewer so minimal shipping costs. Very minimal. What do u guys think. I am in NY so its a 5 HR drive to Sabco but I do like the stand. The top tier will come right to my house. Its between these 2 stands only. Si please don't say buy a single tier else where and I will not build one. If I am getting the Sabco I have to user it now si I can pick if. Up. Veterans day in my day off si I need advice opinion s asap

I got my single tier stainless steel stand for $15.00 of Craigslist. A little patience and determination saves alot of $$$!

If I were you, however, I'd go with the Brew Magic stand and plan on adding pumps to it and recirculation sparging. A good single tier stand with working pumps is easier to work with than a three tier stand, IMO. No one would brew on a ladder if they could help it.

I've been watching Craigslist forever and have never seen a stand on there in driving distance ...good deal for you though

With the top-tier you can put the MT and BK at the same height. And since the OP is looking at going horizontal then he's already thinking pumps.

One draw back to the top-tier would be customizing with exact pump placement, hard plumbing might be an issue, RIMS, water filter etc. All those fancy gizmo's that can be tucked out of site on other stands. Yes there are pump mounts which can be utilized, but in time it might just look like a rats nest.

(and while I'm yacking)
Right now I'm using the stand below w/wheels for my mash setup. It's working pretty well. If anyone wants I can take a picture, but it's a work in progress. I have a 10gal Gott(?), pump, RIMS. It's working pretty well and is giving an education on where to put things height wise, how to run hoses etc. I'm actually thinking about using something simulator for a BK. As long as it's stable it might work. I'm just very short on storage space and while I like the looks of the top-tier, I like this stop-gap approach to learn what I really want.

671f47c0-d365-47f9-a870-0dee9d05f781_300.jpg

I've been watching Craigslist forever and have never seen a stand on there in driving distance ...good deal for you though

The trick is not to look for "BREW STANDS" but to look for "RESTAURANT EQUIPMENT" or "STAINLESS STEEL TABLE." The stainless steel brew stand I got for $15.00 was actually originally an outdoor refridgerator cart with a sink. I've since installed the burner, and have plans to add a recirculation pump very soon (I BIAB).

30368d1311439564-brew-bag-stand-07232011199.jpg

Back