Help with my Keggle set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where you got your info, but you can drill your holes anywhere you want. I've got three keggle with various positioned holes/bungs. No problem.

The only reason to avoid the "vents" that I could see would be extra heat when you put the spurs to your burner. So you might want to avoid putting the thermo there. When I built mine I wanted the valve 90 degrees from the handles, never paid attention to the vents.

I put my thermometer with sight glass above the hole with a home made heat shield and I have had zero issues.

This is what I did, the liquid in my sight glass was boiling before I added this, and that's not even right above the vent hole.

2014-07-29 19.36.03.jpg

The only reason to avoid the "vents" that I could see would be extra heat when you put the spurs to your burner. So you might want to avoid putting the thermo there. When I built mine I wanted the valve 90 degrees from the handles, never paid attention to the vents.
Ah, I get it. Yeah, flames may shoot out those holes.
I also use a heat shield... forgot about that.

Back