Help with fittings for plate chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runkelia

Reaction score
Bought the Blichmann Therminator. Brewing tomorrow, today I soaked in in PBW for 30 minutes, then starsan for a bit, drained, drank a few brews, then went to flush with hot water with this "plate chiller back flush" hose I bought at LHBS and now scratching my head.
Both ends are female 3/4" NPT, one end has an adapter that brings it to a 1/2" male NPT.
WTH is this? the wort in/out connections are male 1/2" NPT. Am I missing something here? :drunk:

P9190608.JPG

Not really sure what your lhbs was going for. That's definitely not for back flushing the wort side.

I have my back flush hose set up as quick disconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am thinking their logic is to use the wort in tubing in line as it has 2 female 1/2" fittings. It can work that way, I will have 4 ft. of tubing prior to the plate chiller is all.

Solution: went to Lowe's: removed the LHBS provided adapter, bought for $4 the correct adapter that takes it to 1/2" NPT female

Latest posts

Back