Help with co2 leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaddyWa

Reaction score
So I bought two used pinlock kegs from a local brewer. Claimed they were pressure tested. I took them apart to clean (including the posts and poppets). Anyway, I reassembled, kegged, and went to hook up and noticed there is a leak coming from the bottom of the gas “in” post. I thought it might be the o-ring on the diptube so I put a different one on and same issue. I noticed that the poppet doesn’t seem to fit right and when I take off the quick disconnect gas shoots out from the post immediately. Dont think this should happen. Wondering if the spring/poppet valve is bad? Would that make it leak from the bottom of the post? Thoughts?

Had something similar happen. I switched the "in" and "out" ports on accident. Once I figured it out, I switched them back and all was good to go. I also added some Teflon tape to make sure it was all sealed up.

Had something similar happen. I switched the "in" and "out" ports on accident. Once I figured it out, I switched them back and all was good to go. I also added some Teflon tape to make sure it was all sealed up.
Thanks for the tip! Did you switch the valve poppets or do you mean you accidentally put the liquid post on the gas “in” side?

Latest posts

Back