HELP with Belgian-style Amber Ale (EG. Cold Front by Ithaca)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmazz889

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am itching to brew again and I have a specific beer that I'd like to try to re-create or style my brew after. That beer would be Ithaca Beer's Cold Front, which is a Belgian-style Amber Ale.

It is an awesome beer and now would be a great time for me to brew it. Has anybody here tried to clone this before? Or does anyone have another recipe for something similar? I just really want something similar to this beer because it was the perfect beer when it was colder out.

Here is a little description from their website (http://ithacabeer.com/cold-front/):

"Cold Front
Availability: September – January
Cold Front is our Belgian-style Amber Ale brewed in autumn to keep us inspired as the days grow shorter and the nights colder. It’s brewed with European Malts and hops and fermented with a legendary Belgian “Farmhouse” yeast. Savor its deep russet color, rich flavor accented by slight herbal hoppiness, and definite spicy yeast character. Bundle up!
ABV 7.2%
Malt: 2-Row Pale, Wheat, Caramel Wheat, Kiln Coffee Malt
Hops: Magnum, Lublin
Other: Belgian yeast
Suggested Food Pairing: Smoked or roasted meats and hearty stews,
Recommended Cheese Pairing: Earthy cheeses like Camembert or strong smokey cheeses like Moody Blue (smoked blue cheese)."

All help is appreciated!

PS- I am not an advanced brewer just yet. This would mark my 5th all grain brew!

Thanks,

Jeff

Back