Help with Beer Name...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACESFULL

Reaction score
Looking for some help... Hit a road block with the name for my second brew. My first Lady Liberty Ale. I am going for US history names past or present. I havent completely settled on a brewery name but Patriot Brewing is what I am thinking but also thought of Revolution Brewing.

Beer that is getting close to bottling is Weissbeir any thoughts??

I wouldn't use the name Revolution Brewing. That is already the name of a brewery here in Chicago. And they make some damn fine beers!!! Just saying because I saw on here a few days ago a guy getting a legal notice from a lawyer about his named home brewery having the same as an established brewery. If you do think you have finally named you brewery it's not a bad idea just to google it just in case. Just a friendly heads up ;)

I saw on here a few days ago a guy getting a legal notice from a lawyer

Really? That's like me naming my wiener dog Oscar Meyer and that company coming after me...Names are not protected by copyright law and as far as I know unless he's selling a good or service trademark infringement would not exist. This would be due to an unregistered nickname for an unsold product (aka, not in the market) doesn't compromise fair competition as there is no commerce taking place.

But I digress....

Maybe Weisstock? (woodstock)

I think you should name one of your brews after The PMC, or maybe you could make an IPA that has 4 types of hops, maybe call it Quads IPA??

Looking for some help... Hit a road block with the name for my second brew. My first Lady Liberty Ale. I am going for US history names past or present. I havent completely settled on a brewery name but Patriot Brewing is what I am thinking but also thought of Revolution Brewing.

Beer that is getting close to bottling is Weissbeir any thoughts??

In all seriousness, I like Patriot Brewing, but since your in the STL, what about something with the arch in it? Could you incorporate that into a logo or something.

also, I really like the Red Weiss and Blue name.

I think you should name one of your brews after The PMC, or maybe you could make an IPA that has 4 types of hops, maybe call it Quads IPA??

Q's head is big enough dont want to make it worse... :eek:

In all seriousness, I like Patriot Brewing, but since your in the STL, what about something with the arch in it? Could you incorporate that into a logo or something.

Yeah trying to come up with something creative just having a bit of a block.

Thoughts on this name??

Silver Arch Brewing Co.

RedWeissBlue2.jpg

OR

RedWeissBlue3.jpg

+1 on Red Weiss and Blue.
Your label ideas are awesome and the Silver Arch name is great!
Since you're incorporating the "Gateway to the West" in your brewery name, perhaps the beer could be "Gateway to the Weiss"?

+1 on Red Weiss and Blue.
Your label ideas are awesome and the Silver Arch name is great!
Since you're incorporating the "Gateway to the West" in your brewery name, perhaps the beer could be "Gateway to the Weiss"?

Another outstanding suggestion.

Thanks!!!

Thoughts?

GatewaytoWeiss.jpg

How about just "gateway weisse"? Easier to remember. I was thinking something like Colonial Brewing co.,Or 13 colonies brewery?

Colonial Brewing is what I am going with for my brewery name and I still keep coming back to Red Weiss & Blue as the name for this beer.

Back