Help with Auber 2352 PIDs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brrman

Reaction score
Hey guys - I am having trouble getting my two PIDS into manual mode. I have set the A/M = 0 in the settings which is for manual mode.
But the A-M button does nothing when I press it.

I have both hooked to an RTD and they are otherwise working fine in auto mode.

Anyone know if there is any other setting I need to set before it will allow me to get into manual mode?
cheers

tried that. still the A-M button does nothing on both pids.
If I press the Set button it shows A100 but I can't adjust it. Press Set again and it returns to the temp setting.

I have used these PIDs before with manual mode so this is really puzzling me.

A-M = 0, manual control mode

If the A-M light on the PID is not on, press the A/M button to enter manual mode. Press the UP/DOWN buttons on the Boil Element PID until the lower green number reads "M 100". (If the "M" is not displayed press the SET button to switch the display mode).

OK, I was doing everything everyone was suggesting exactly, but still the manual mode would not work.

It ended up I had set at=0 at some point. The auto-tuning setting should be at 3 (0 is for simple on/off control only). Once I did that everything worked as the instructions indicated.

Thanks for the help guys.

OK, I was doing everything everyone was suggesting exactly, but still the manual mode would not work.

It ended up I had set at=0 at some point. The auto-tuning setting should be at 3 (0 is for simple on/off control only). Once I did that everything worked as the instructions indicated.

Thanks for the help guys.

So with at=3 you then push the a/m button and then the a-m led lights up for manual mode? Is that correct I am having the same issue you are. Although I just moved so I wouldn't doubt that the movers broke it.

So with at=3 you then push the a/m button and then the a-m led lights up for manual mode? Is that correct I am having the same issue you are. Although I just moved so I wouldn't doubt that the movers broke it.

4.16:Not John!
Manual and Automatic Mode Selection “A-M”
Parameter A-M is for selecting automatic or manual control mode.
A-M = 1, automatic control mode (either PID or On/off control)
A-M = 2, automatic control mode, in this state manual operation is prohibited

4.16:Not John!

Manual and Automatic Mode Selection “A-M”

Parameter A-M is for selecting automatic or manual control mode.

A-M = 1, automatic control mode (either PID or On/off control)

A-M = 2, automatic control mode, in this state manual operation is prohibited

Right but after you run auto tune AT goes to 3. Can I not switch to manual mode when AT is 3? I've done 0,1,2, and 3 and I cannot get it to go into manual.

With A-M light on > press the set button once to switch to manual mode > use up and down arrows to adjust your %
Auto tuning = 3

With A-M light on > press the set button once to switch to manual mode > use up and down arrows to adjust your %

And how do I get the A-M light on? It flashes when I power the PID but after that I cannot get the A-M on. No matter if AT is 0,1,2 or 3. If I understand the directions correctly after auto tune I can press the A/M button and then the A-M light should come on. From there I press the set button to adjust %.

Doesn't really look like an "M"

image.jpeg

Doesn't really look like an "M"

Yea, I've been looking for that, however manual only comes on once the A-M light is on. I can't get into manual mode. As far as I know the only setting for manual mode is AT. And I've tried all options there...all it says is AXXX

Per Kal's Inst.
A-M: This controls whether automatic or manual (or both) PID control modes are allowed. Automatic mode controls the heating element based on temperature while manual mode uses duty cycle . The default value of 2 disables manual mode completely and is fine for the Hot Liquor Tank and Mash/Lauter Tun PIDs. For the Boil Kettle PID this should be set to 0 so that both manual and automatic modes can be used.
To modify the settings, hold down the SET button on the PID for 3 seconds to enter programming mode. The up/down arrow buttons are then used to change the current setting. The SET button is used to advance to the next setting. Once done, simply wait 10 seconds. All settings will be saved and the PID will return to the normal operating mode.

If no success, check ALL your settings for default values and start over.

Per Kal's Inst.
A-M: This controls whether automatic or manual (or both) PID control modes are allowed. Automatic mode controls the heating element based on temperature while manual mode uses duty cycle . The default value of 2 disables manual mode completely and is fine for the Hot Liquor Tank and Mash/Lauter Tun PIDs. For the Boil Kettle PID this should be set to 0 so that both manual and automatic modes can be used.
To modify the settings, hold down the SET button on the PID for 3 seconds to enter programming mode. The up/down arrow buttons are then used to change the current setting. The SET button is used to advance to the next setting. Once done, simply wait 10 seconds. All settings will be saved and the PID will return to the normal operating mode.

If no success, check ALL your settings for default values and start over.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447904353.239350.jpg

I set AT to 0 and wait 10 seconds which takes me back to the home screen. I press the A/M and nothing happens. I'll reset everything tomorrow and start over.

Yea, I've been looking for that, however manual only comes on once the A-M light is on. I can't get into manual mode. As far as I know the only setting for manual mode is AT. And I've tried all options there...all it says is AXXX

The AM light will be on with "M 100" in the lower field

The AM light will be on with "M 100" in the lower right display.

Not much help but I have the same pid.When I first got it Iwould go into the settings and change the 0,1,2 setting your speaking of.Then go to manual mode.Now for whatever reason I don't need to to go to settings.I just hit the A/M button for my boil.The light comes on and I power down to 75%. I hit the A/M button and the light goes off and I adjust to 152 for mash.Really simple actually.I called aubins multible times when I first got it. I called recently because I had a temp calibration question.They told me NOT to do autotune for homebrew and went through the settings with me specifically for homebrew,or so they say

Not much help but I have the same pid.When I first got it Iwould go into the settings and change the 0,1,2 setting your speaking of.Then go to manual mode.Now for whatever reason I don't need to to go to settings.I just hit the A/M button for my boil.The light comes on and I power down to 75%. I hit the A/M button and the light goes off and I adjust to 152 for mash.Really simple actually.I called aubins multible times when I first got it. I called recently because I had a temp calibration question.They told me NOT to do autotune for homebrew and went through the settings with me specifically for homebrew,or so they say

What settings do you have now?

What settings do you have now?
Im setting up my system for a brew day tomorrow.Ill post all my settings.Im sure your going nuts and want an answer now.But my system is apart for storage and its 11 o clock here.Dont know the setting off hand Sorry

After A-T completes it process hold set bottom for 3 sec to enter the settings mode. Cycle to the A-M setting and change to 0 then wait till it exits. If the A-M light is not on press the set button. Press up/down buttons till the lower green numbers reads "M 100" if the "M" is not displayed press the set button.
All of this info is on KAL's site so if no success then I'm sure he could help!
What is your setup ? probe type ?

Im setting up my system for a brew day tomorrow.Ill post all my settings.Im sure your going nuts and want an answer now.But my system is apart for storage and its 11 o clock here.Dont know the setting off hand Sorry

Thanks I appreciate it.

After A-T completes it process hold set bottom for 3 sec to enter the settings mode. Cycle to the A-M setting and change to 0 then wait till it exits. If the A-M light is not on press the set button. Press up/down buttons till the lower green numbers reads "M 100" if the "M" is not displayed press the set button.
All of this info is on KAL's site so if no success then I'm sure he could help!
What is your setup ? probe type ?

I just tried this and "M" never displays. It only displays AXXX. I press the set button and it switches from temp display to AXXX display. I have an RTD100. I appreciate all the help. I'm calling it quits for tonight, I'll pick this up tomorrow. I will be sure and read all of Kals information. I've also read the manual 4 times now. Maybe I'll just call Auberins and see what they recommend. Again thanks for the help!

I just tried this and "M" never displays. It only displays AXXX. I press the set button and it switches from temp display to AXXX display. I have an RTD100. I appreciate all the help. I'm calling it quits for tonight, I'll pick this up tomorrow. I will be sure and read all of Kals information. I've also read the manual 4 times now. Maybe I'll just call Auberins and see what they recommend. Again thanks for the help!
Sounds like it might sill be in A-T learning mode. Did you let it finish ? Are you getting any temp reading in other modes ?

Sounds like it might sill be in A-T learning mode. Did you let it finish ? Are you getting any temp reading in other modes ?

Yea it finishes auto tuning. It cycles the element about 3 times and then it's done. When I press the set tutor is changes from temp display to AXXX display.

Yea it finishes auto tuning. It cycles the element about 3 times and then it's done. When I press the set tutor is changes from temp display to AXXX display.

Is this unit New ? Any chance the "Lock Code" has been implemented ?
thus not allowing some perimeters to be changed! Check all settings for default values.

Is this unit New ? Any chance the "Lock Code" has been implemented ?

thus not allowing some perimeters to be changed! Check all settings for default values.

It's about a year old. I had no idea there was even a lock code. However that being said I am able to change parameters.

After running auto tune P is 766 I is 406 D is 46 T is 8. I will be comparing with factory settings today

P=500

I=1000

D=120

T=2 for SSR

Now look @ ALL defaults and reconfigure.

After all the settings are back to default,

then set these perimeters!

Sn

Pb

Filt

A-M

Then A-T

P=500

I=1000

D=120

T=2 for SSR

Now look @ ALL defaults and reconfigure.

After all the settings are back to default,

then set these perimeters!

Sn

Pb

Filt

A-M

Then A-T

I will be doing this today. I'm just curious, where did you get those values from?

Owners Manual: Page 3

Ok. That's what I thought. I used those numbers and was 5 degrees over my set temp. After some trial and error I changed t=2 d=150 and p to 700. Now I'm spot on my mash temp for the whole time. Thanks for the help!

Ok. That's what I thought. I used those numbers and was 5 degrees over my set temp. After some trial and error I changed t=2 d=150 and p to 700. Now I'm spot on my mash temp for the whole time. Thanks for the help!

You may want to consider just using the "PB" Input offset feature

You may want to consider just using the "PB" Input offset feature

Back