Help with Alaskan Brewing ESB (Frontier Ale)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumbrewindude

Reaction score
Since they made this a seasonal (and according to my distributer they are hardcore on pulling seasonals - which is why I can't get my Winter Ale anymore), I figure I've got another 3 months before they pull another of my favorites. I'd like to see if there's a clone recipe out there for this one.

I know the Amber's the popular one, but I much perfer their older (which is now the ESB) Frontier Ale.

Anyone have a recipe for it, or at least a good idea what hops they're using?

Thanks gang!

:rockin:

I don't know the color of Alaskan ESB, but is it possible it's a typo and it's actually 28EBC? That would put it around 14 SRM, which is spot on for an ESB (according to BJCP, at least). Many pro breweries use EBC as the color measurement.

I'm drinking this delicious beer as I type, man it's good... and very similar to a Bitter I regularly make hopped with Centennial. I don't have the recipe on me, as I'm out of town right now, but I believe a slight bump in MO to bring the OG up a bit would make my recipe an almost clone of this beer. I'll try to remember to post it when I'm home. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back