Help, what Finger Lakes, NY breweries to visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincolnubrewer

Reaction score
Hi,
My wife and I will be up in the Finger Lakes region, Watkins Glen, Seneca Lake area July 30-Aug 2. We are looking for recommendation for breweries/restaurant to visit. Thanks.

Hi,
My wife and I will be up in the Finger Lakes region, Watkins Glen, Seneca Lake area July 30-Aug 2. We are looking for recommendation for breweries/restaurant to visit. Thanks.

Stop in Buffalo for the breweries. Its worth it.

I wasn't a huge fan of Keuka Brewing Co. The beer was fine, but each of the three times I went there it seemed really unwelcoming.

I stopped at http://www.fingerlakesbeercompany.com/ Finger Lakes Beer Co. a few months ago though, and it was just the opposite. Beer was also good, though I was rushing through a flight after wine all day. Gift shop is amazing and the people were very nice.

Couldn't tell ya about places to eat honestly. We only go out there for wine tours and don't like going out to eat anyway. We stopped at a burger joint and an out of date restaurant in Hammondsport once. Unimpressed with both and expensive.

Let us know where you go and how it turned out.

Steuben Brewing is on Keuka, and it is a fantastic little brewery, relatively new.

On Seneca there is Two Goats Brewing. Fantastic. Tiny little place with a great view, they serve their own beer and 1 entree, a Beef on Weck sandwich. The best ive ever had.

Agree with above, Finger Lakes brewing is good. Also, theres always Ithaca Beer Co in Ithaca, they have a restaurant now that isnt bad.

For food in ithaca, i highly recommend Maxies Supper Club.

Horseheads has a brewery not far from watkins and ithaca with excellent beer but no food.

The last that stands out was a place in watkins glen right on the main street called Rooster Fish Brewing. Great little brewpub.

Have a great Trip!

Also Climbing Bines Brewing. They have no food, but grow their own hops. Cool little place.

We do brewery and winery tours every year by bicycle in the finger lakes region. couple hundred miles and many, many, many beers.

Also Climbing Bines Brewing. They have no food, but grow their own hops. Cool little place.

We do brewery and winery tours every year by bicycle in the finger lakes region. couple hundred miles and many, many, many beers.

That's awesome doing a bike tour around the finger lakes and giving yourself an excuse to drink a lot of beers to replace the calories that you burned off. Thanks for the recommendation. I did look up some of breweries that you mention. I have five that I'm considering checking out.
Abandon, Horsehead, Climbing Binds, Two Goats, and Rooster Fish. Hoping to hear more feedback

If you're going to be there around 9/26 - 9/27, try to get to the Naples NY Grape Festival. If you do go, make sure to get yourself a concord grape pie (or two). They're all home made and absolutely fantastic! SWMBO and I miss those pies something fierce.

Back