Help! Took apart regulator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmeek

Reaction score
Huge mistake trying to transfer this late at night and took the face off my regulator where the valve connects to the main part (?) and can't get it to work right! Anyone accidentally disassemble a taprite before?? Heeeeelllppp
P!

I've taken regulators apart to replace the diaphragm and high pressure seat before. Didn't seem to be a big deal to me but then I rebuild and adjust the scuba regulators I dive with.

It would probably be a good idea to back the pressure adjustment screw out all the way prior to attempting reassembly. You do need to be sure that you put the diaphragm against the body, put the Teflon washer on top of the diaphragm, and then screw on the diaphragm cover.

Found that there were instructions that came with my parts.
1400572329393.jpg
1400572354789.jpg
1400572383563.jpg

Thanks! For whatever reason mine did not come with instructions on assembly, only how to operate safely. I spoke with a guy from adventures in home brewing and he was extremely helpful and very patient with me in getting it back together.

Back