Help Please!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan33

Reaction score
ok...a few months ago I made my wife a watermelon wheat beer where I actually boiled down watermelon jolly ranchers and added them.......now two kegs later and 2 great beers ruined I remembered what I had done. I have disassembled the kegs soaked in oxiclean 24 hours....bar keepers friend and oxicleaned again....new seals gaskets.....no new poppet valves though.... now I am trying to get the smell out of the beer line as I have none on hand......

Sorry, I have no clue. If the keg is good now, your only choice for lines is new ones, in my opinion. This is why I save kegs for fairly standard beers, and put the more unusual stuff in bottles.

Have you tried filling the keg with hot water and PWB or oxyclean, then pressurizing and emptying through the beer line and tap? That's what I would try first, but perhaps you have already. . .

yeah thanks guys.... ill have to buy new lines. I soaked in vinegar boiled and soaked in oxiclean 48 hours.....still there. lol no more crazy jolly rancher beers.

Back