help on false bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyropilot1

Reaction score
OK I have a 15gal keg cut and with the ss valve. with a thread nipple (female) on the inside. what is a good flase bottom and conection tube. I have not yet drill the side gage. I have 3 1 for the worth, 1 for mash and 1 for turn.

SO I think I only need 1 false bottom right?

This is the false bottom we use at BrewSteel

We run a barbed fitting on the inside and a silicone tube down to the center. The grid holds the tube near the bottom.

P1010426.jpg

A little more money but they work excellent!

Another vote for a Jaybird/NorCal false bottom. For a mash tun, get the full size (15") hinged with handle. Since you already have the valve in place, give them the measurements and get a dip tube at the same time.

I'm using one in my keggle mash tun and it's working out extremely well.

OneHoppyGuy said:

We run a barbed fitting on the inside and a silicone tube down to the center. The grid holds the tube near the bottom.

Gotta agree with onehoppyguy, this is by far the best false bottom I've seen and used, fits great, works amazingly and is worth every penny.

P1010426.jpg

once both side are in place you drill in the center or it came with it. also your tube looks inserted . I will attach a pic of my kegs

IMG_20111011_052939.jpg

IMG_20111011_053010.jpg

IMG_20111011_053026.jpg

P1010426.jpg

That thing looks awesome..when you say a little more money...how much is it? It looks like brewsteel.com is down right now.

P1010426.jpg

Can you show a pic of how you have the pickup tube installed with the 2 halves off?? Also, what is the height of the stand?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I read the word 'stand' and I run off chasing squirrels.
From the lowest point in the bottom of the keggle to the top of the stand is 3-3/4"

Latest posts

Back