Help! Modern Times Oneida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricca

Reaction score
Need a little help with this recipe, according to a recipe on Beersmith it has hop extract, cascade and Nelson hops in it but according to other sources it is supposed to be: Cascade, Nelson and Experimental Hop 05256.

Beersmith recipe: http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/267176/oneida

Anyone got an idea how to set up the hop schedule with Experimental Hop 05256 ? :confused:

You have to decide where you want to use the hop in the process and then decide how many ibu's you want it to contribute. At that point you add the hop to beersmith and adjust time and amount to hit your ibu charge for that addition.

So in short alpha acid content + time + quantity = IBU addition

Recipe is wrong. No nelson. Too expensive. Hal blanc, cascade and 05256 for 2017.

Id guess 70% cascade with the others thrown in late. Cant taste them, just a hint of something beyonf the cascade.

Ok so instead of hop extract, Cascade ? And then 1 min add 05256 and hal blanc?? Dry hop?

no, extract is for bittering. that stays. just sub the blanc for the nelson in the recipe and proceed as normal.

i'm just guessing at the ratios, dont hold me to it. but i definitely thought "cascade" the first time i drank one. was a bit shocked to see blanc and 05256 on the label. that's why i say there's probly just a touch of them in there.

Back