Help Me Spend Money on Kegerator Parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FleurDeLis425

Reaction score
Putting the final touches on my new Keezer. About to pull the trigger on the equipment to install two faucets.

I am trying to figure out if a dual body regulator or Perlick flow control faucets are worth the additional cost. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I am about to start kegging too. I cant speak from experience but I have decided to buy the dual body regulator so that I can force carbonate and serve at the same time. I am going to skip the flow control faucets. I am sure they are great, but I am trying to cut as must cost as I can.

Yea that was my thoughts as well. The flow control looks appealing for filling growlers. But not sure if it is worth the money.

I recently finished my keezer build and went with the dual body taprite. One leg of the regulator leads to a 4way manifold for beers at 11psi. The other leg is for one offs: Different serving pressure, keg purging, force carbing, etc. I am happy with the performance. The one thing I didn't really focus on was the wide "wing span"of the regulator. I was able to fit the 5lb tank and regulator in the keezer, but not without some unanticipated adjustments (planned for the tank-- not the width and instability of the tank/regulator combo). Well, the tank is in a bracket on the compressor hump and the regulator is supported by a strap attached to the collar. Everything is working as designed with no issues. In thinking about it now, I might have considered secondary regulators instead of the dual body. I think they could be attached to the collar, which might have made the layout easier. Then again forget all of this if you tank is outside!

When i bought my faucets I did not get perlick. I really wish I had. Now I'll be upgrading them piece meal.

The non perlicks get gummed up if not used extremely often. As for the flow control, some of my beers such as my blonde ale foam like crazy.. Even at temp and with 10' of line. I wish I had flow control.

Back