Help me help him

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrilr

Reaction score
I am going to send someone some beer soon but don't know how to find out what beer he can't get. Is there a resource for this? I live in Nc and he lives in Houston.
Thanks for any help

Yeah the website is unavailable. I didn't know if that was temporary or if the site has been taken down

I believe you can't send it USPS you have to send it FedEx or UPS. I'm not %100 on that.

I believe you can't send it USPS you have to send it FedEx or UPS. I'm not %100 on that.
You can send it USPS, but I would not advise it. I ship all my beers with FedEx. Setup an account online, it's so much cheaper than packaging and taking it to the store to get postage.

You can send it USPS, but I would not advise it. I ship all my beers with FedEx. Setup an account online, it's so much cheaper than packaging and taking it to the store to get postage.

I agree, setup a FedEX account, measure, weigh and print out the shipping label at home. Then drop off the package at the closest FedEX location. I compared prices between FedEX and UPS, FedEX was a lot cheaper.

Also, I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol via USPS. So I would advise against it.

Looks like seekabrew.com is currently down... :(
Screenshot 2016-09-23 15.39.01.png

Last edited:
I agree, setup a FedEX account, measure, weigh and print out the shipping label at home. Then drop off the package at the closest FedEX location. I compared prices between FedEX and UPS, FedEX was a lot cheaper.

Also, I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol via USPS. So I would advise against it.

Looks like seekabrew.com is currently down... :(
View attachment 371143
FWIW, I don't even weigh my packages. I just guesstimate it. Have yet to be charged more after the fact yet. Technically, it's illegal to ship alcohol via any shipper, without a license/permit. I just trust FedEx more with my packages than I do USPS.

FWIW, I don't even weigh my packages. I just guesstimate it. Have yet to be charged more after the fact yet. Technically, it's illegal to ship alcohol via any shipper, without a license/permit. I just trust FedEx more with my packages than I do USPS.

I thought it might not be limited to just the USPS. And I agree I trust FedEX more than USPS and UPS.

Good to know about the weight part!! Cheers!

Back