Help me get rid of skid marks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjhbrew

Reaction score
No, not what you think 😉

I bought 4 corny kegs from my lhbs to start kegging my home brew. (I am loving the ease and convenience of having a kegerater btw). Anyway on 2 of the 4 kegs the rubber on the bottom and handles leaves thick black residue on anything they touch when wet. I wash them out in our bathtub but then have to scrub all the streaks of the bottom of the tub not to mention having black gunk all over my hands when I'm done. Does anyone have any ideas of something I could use to seal it or stop this from happening. I've tried to scrub them several times. Let's face it I will likely be asked to move the cleaning outside if I'm leaving a mess behind.

They will always leave black marks as the rubber degrades. My favorite solution is duct tape. Black electrical tape may be a bit more classy. Tape will need to be replaced every so often but the skid marks will be gone.

Back