Help me figure out my oxygen tank!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrrrkva

Reaction score
I bought a nice Oxygen tank, and a regulator that was supposed to go with it..... I must be missing a piece.. What do I need to put these gauges on this tank..... Or what kind of gauges do I need?

IMG_1000.jpg

That regulator is for high pressure oxygen tanks like the ones used in oxy/acetylene cutting.

The tank looks like a medical grade oxygen tank.

You cannot connect the two.

I don't know much about medical oxygen tanks or if you can change the valve to fit your regulator. I'm not sure if the threads are the same between the tanks.

Do you know if the tank you have has a current hydro test? If not nobody will fill it for you unless it does.

It is Current. Great looking tank. I ordered a regulator and an airstone. Hopefully I will be in Business!

Medical tanks can't be filled without a prescription by law... just found out after buying second hand, then when trying to fill it the gas guy almost even got nervous that I had it in his store.
Ended up buying a welding oxygen tank.
Yours does not look anything like either my medical or welding tank, so I can't give any better advice sorry!

Latest posts

Back