HELP!! Kegging pressure gone! Is this an Emergency?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing_al

http://www.homebrewmania.com/
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have an urgent question.. hopefully it's not a big deal..

I have had a keg sitting in carbonation state since last Wednesday... Sometime in the last day or two I checked it and all my C02 was gone and I think that I developed at the pressure release valve... I went to check it tonight and it's empty, zilch, zero pressure in the tank and the Co2 bottle is empty..

Did I just lose a batch??!! I needed it by Super Bowl!!!

I will rush out tomorrow and get a fresh bottle of Co2, but how do I recover?!

:mad:

Your probably OK, CO2 is heavier than air, so you still have a CO2 blanket on top of the beer. Find the leak and re-presureize it ASAP.

Your probably OK, CO2 is heavier than air, so you still have a CO2 blanket on top of the beer. Find the leak and re-presureize it ASAP.

it was either last night or the night before i let a little out of the release valve to get a nice whiff... I had a sneaking suspicion the it wasn't sealed after I let it down, but perhaps that is it..

Co2 tomorrow ..

Am I looking at force carbonation now that I want it for Sunday or should I let it set with higher pressure??? It's a belgian Wit...

[...]Am I looking at force carbonation now that I want it for Sunday or should I let it set with higher pressure??? It's a belgian Wit...

If the beer was properly carbonated two days ago, kept at dispensing temperature, and you fixed the leak, it won't have lost much if any CO2. All you should need is put it back on gas at the proper carbonation pressure and you should be set for dispensing it on Sunday...or Monday...or whenever the game is played...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back