[Help] Identifying the Location of Coolant Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beniskickbutt

Reaction score
Edit: found this in the similar threads after posting. Dont know how to delete my thread :| https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=465596

Is there any easy way to identify the location of coolant lines or wires running through the top panel of a mini fridge? Additionally, say I do accidentally cut right through a coolant line, aside from the fridge being trashed at this point, how do I safely clean this up?

I've been on the hunt for a couple of the more common mini fridges used for making a kegerator but have been having trouble finding a reasonably priced one near me (if theres even one around at all).

I have found a good number of mini fridges on craigslist at a good price. I was going to take a crack at making my first kegerator from one of these fridges but i'm a little worried about how to identify the location of the coolant lines so I don't cut through them.

I've read through a few guides but none of the ones I've seen have answered these questions completely. Aside from this, the whole installation process seems pretty straightforward.

First post the model here and theres a good chance someone has used the same fridge and give advise to where to drill.
You can also make a paste of rubbing alcohol and cornstarch and smear it over the top of the fridge.plug in the fridge.After a few minutes the warmth from the lines dries the paste where the lines are. If there is a decorative cover on the top remove it first. It worked for mine.

First post the model here and theres a good chance someone has used the same fridge and give advise to where to drill.
You can also make a paste of rubbing alcohol and cornstarch and smear it over the top of the fridge.plug in the fridge.After a few minutes the warmth from the lines dries the paste where the lines are. If there is a decorative cover on the top remove it first. It worked for mine.

Did almost the same mixture, but used vodka.

works well.

Back