Help identifying couplers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrionLax

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of sankey ball lock couplers from Amazon and they arrived wih no instructions as to which one is for the gas and which one for the beer. The only thing different between the two is the finish. One has a polished finish around the base and the other is unpolished. Can anyone help me determine which is which?

Any help as always is appreciated

Cheers

Something like this set?

41jyj9h5+tL._AC_US218_.jpg

Look closely and you'll notice one of the adapters has a rabbet carved in the top of the lower section.
That's the gas adapter...

Cheers!

Thanks day_trippr,

Something like that but not exactly. The one with the unpolished base does not have a rabbit but it does have what looks like a logo.

Here they are.
BuP8gz5.jpg

Last edited:
Yeesh. They didn't make that easy at all, did they?
If I had to guess, the one on the right is the gas post.

The gas post diameter measured across the wide sloped section is 1/64" smaller than the beer post, but unless you have a micrometer or caliper I doubt you'll be able to use that info.

You could try plugging a BEER disconnect on them and see which one fits better.
Do NOT attempt this with a GAS disconnect or you're going to have a bad time...

Do you have a link to the Amazon page? None of what I'm seeing look like those...

Cheers!

My last name should really be Murphy......Lmao!

The ad for them had the same picture you showed but your advice about the size of the angle on the post helped me determine which is which.

The polished post is for the beer. They both fit snug in the beer disconnect but the polished one would not go into the gas disconnect (unless I really really wanted it to....) so I think I have it ready to go.

I appreciate the help.

Cheers

Back