Help: I want to install WillHi controller through Keezer collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmac

Reaction score
I am installing a Willhi WH7016C digital remperature controller in my keezer through the front of the collar. Do I need to seal it inside the keezer to keep moisture out.

So I'm wondering, should I just surround it with RTV or cover the part that enters the freezer with a box. If I go the bix method it probably needs to be insulated, right?

Since the controller generates a small amount of heat I would not worry about it other than covering it to keep the electric connections safe. Condensation will appear on cold surfaces, not on the warm area near the controller.

Okay. So what I'll do is, install it and where it enters the inside of the keezer I will cover the wire connections with some sort of water proofing gel or silicon and run a bead of silicon along the edge at the hole where the controller comes through and see how that works out.

Why not install a wall outlet type of box. And mount the controller in to that. Would be a lot easier to seal that box up.

Back