Help did I kill it lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosterspur

Reaction score
Okay y'all I'm new here...hope to gain alot of information etc. However I started an American cream ale about four days ago and I'm worried. I did everything as directed and have a little previous experience. EceryEvery was looking really good bubbling was even spewing from the airlock. Then one night here got really cold and the room where my fermenter was got wayyyyy cold like almost freezing. The next day I realized what had happened and moved it to a warmer space. Now there's no bubbling in the airlock it seems dormant. There is still a Krause and small bubbles riding from the bottom. Is it ok or what should I do. I have no extra yeast as the mail here is wicked slow and I have no hygrometer to take a gravity reading. Thanks for any advise!

If there are bubbles, its still alive and its not finished! If you actually froze some yeast cells, thats ok. The living ones will keep multiplying. Most of the fermentation is going to happen in 3 to 4 days then start slowing down. Give it a couple days and keep it going as long as there is ANY bubbling or activity in the airlock.

When it's truly done, dead, inactive, do the bottling thing or whatever the instructions say to do next. While you are waiting, buy yourself a hyDrometer. Don't buy a hyGrometer. Measuring moisture wont help your brewing, but a hydrometer to measure sugar content will be very helpful :)

Thanks SoCal-Doug. I just check again and there are quite a few tiny bubbles coming up from the bottom of. Hopefully I'm good and yes I meant a hydrometer. Stupid autocorrect somehow changed it lol!

Latest posts

Back