Help diagnosing a keg issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBigHops

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to kegging. I bought a kegerator that came with four used cornies and I'm having trouble with one of the kegs. I've replaced all the o-rings, and I just filled it for the first time. I have Perlick 5 series taps which I cleaned and put in new beer lines after taking possession of the kegerator. I have a tower with two taps and I've had two batches on each tap. No problems on the right side, but the second batch on the left side in this particular keg (first use) runs at a very slow stream, but if I purge the keg, then it start flowing just fine as the keg is re-pressurizing. Regulator is set at about 11 psi. After purging, and while it's pouring, there is an odd vibration.

I'm assuming since I had no issues with the first keg on this tap, that the problem is with the keg, not the tap. But what could the problem be?

One other thing, last week I disconnected the tap hose and attached a beer gun to fill a bottle to take to a Christmas gathering, and it ran just fine. I've also taken apart the ball lock connector and cleaned it.

hmmmm... drain the keg (via drinking) and check for loose connections from your gas list through your tap.

Maybe the beer pick up tube is sitting flush against the bottom of the keg. If it is it will need to be bent slightly upwards.

Back