Help a noob with a keg set up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWillis

Reaction score
Hey all!

Like the title suggests, I've just started to do my research about kegging. I'm so excited to drop (most of) the bottles and make the switch into kegs!

I've been pricing out 5 gallon keg systems, really hoping for at least 2 kegs so I can have one serving while the other one is force carbing, and I found two Draft Brewer systems that seem to be similar except for the regulator.

2-way distributor: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...ual-keg-system-w-two-way-co2-distributor.html

Double body distributor: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...r-dual-keg-system-w-double-co2-regulator.html

Can someone tell me the difference between the two distributors? I'm looking at the reconditioned ball-lock kegs, so the difference between the two is $30, but I honestly have no idea what the extra money would get me.

From the descriptions it sounds like the cheaper option doesn't actually include the pictured double regulator. It's a little unclear but I think it comes with a 2 way manifold that would only allow the two kegs to be at the same pressure. Pay the extra for the double regulator you'll never regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

If that's the case I'll definitely end up spending the extra for the double body regulator. I'll have to give'em a call when I have a few more dollars saved up just to make sure.

Can't wait to walk into a family party with a keg of homebrew though!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

From the descriptions it sounds like the cheaper option doesn't actually include the pictured double regulator. It's a little unclear but I think it comes with a 2 way manifold that would only allow the two kegs to be at the same pressure. [...]

That's gotta be it - good catch.

Bad NB. Bad BAD NB!

Cheers! ;)

Latest posts

Back