Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodystout

Reaction score
Hey all. I had a question in another thread and got some great info. I am brand new to home brewing(actually don't have all of my equipment yet). I should have it within the next few weeks. Ill be doing extract kits for a while so I get the Hang of the general process.

I am ordering all my equipment from Northern brewer. It comes with three extract kits to choose from. I am going with the Caribou Slobber. It's an American Brown Ale. I am nervous but excited.

bloodystout said:
I am ordering all my equipment from Northern brewer. It comes with three extract kits to choose from. I am going with the Caribou Slobber. It's an American Brown Ale. I am nervous but excited.

Welcome! The slobber is a good beer for sure

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am sure come brew day, and the weeks afterI will have questions for everyone. Still trying to pinpoint where I'll put my fermentation bucket. I have been taking temp readings in a few different places. I know most put them in their basements. Looks like my ambient temp down there is about 68-69.

Welcome to the group. Read the forum stickies and the wiki, lots of great information. Ask away, this is a super helpful community. If temp control is a concern, a keg bucket around your carboy or fermenting bucket stabilizes temps, and adding frozen water bottles is an easy way to lower temps, as long as you replace them consistently so the temps don't fluctuate greatly.

Good luck with your first kit, this is an easily addictive hobby, making great beer.

Cyclman said:
Welcome to the group. Read the forum stickies and the wiki, lots of great information. Ask away, this is a super helpful community. If temp control is a concern, a keg bucket around your carboy or fermenting bucket stabilizes temps, and adding frozen water bottles is an easy way to lower temps, as long as you replace them consistently so the temps don't fluctuate greatly.

Good luck with your first kit, this is an easily addictive hobby, making great beer.

Thanks! I have been reading up a lot. I figure the more info I can soak up before brew day the better. Yeah my plan is to go the swamp cooler route to cool my fermenter. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Latest posts

Back