Hello World! And just bottled my first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammymatik

Reaction score
So I thought I can make my intro now that I've made it almost to the finish line! I guess since I'm drinking while bottling that counts right? :rockin:

So brewed my first batch of beer. All grain Dunkelweisen. I think it turned out fairly well considering I don't know quite what green beer taste like but it tastes pretty good. I'm sure it'll get better with age.

Final Gravity of 1.016 gives me an ABV of 6.1 percent. More than I was shooting for but fine by me. Like the flavor of the wheat but wanted more bananas in there... maybe on the next batch which will be brewed here after I clean up. My second batch is fermenting for a week so far and should be to bottle soonish.

I do appreciate the help from the knowledgeable folks here. Learned a lot and got some great tips lurking around. Love this new hobby! Should have been brewing a long time ago!

Cheers! :mug:

-=Sam=-

I'm impressed and proud that your first batch was all-grain. Way to run before walking! What kind of setup do you brew with?

Yeah thanks!

I like cooking and I thought if were to cook something I'd want to use fresh unprocessed ingidents. So the grains make more sense then using extracts. I guess its a bit more process but, at work I do some precise and some what tedious type of process as well. Plus its fun adapting and tweaking recipes and there are some great tools to help with the calulations. I also read all I could and went to an all grain demo at the local homebrew supply store.

As for my setup. I have a big aluminum kettle I added a spigot to. My mash tun is a cooler adapted to a ball valve and I made a wort chiller from some copper tubing and a garden hose adapter. I use 5 gallon buckets for fermenting and bottling. I also have a mr beer fermenter that I picked up cheap. Really the entry point wasn't too high and the beer I'll brew will be cheaper than buying good beer at the store.

Got one in bottle last night and made a pumpkin batch to reuse the yeast from the previous batch and one that's been fermenting for a week! My brewtober fest! Loving it so far just can't wait to start drinking!

Back