Hello out there

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porthos

Reaction score
Hi. I've been a long time lurker, signed up a couple weeks ago, and did my first post today so I figured it was time for an intro.

I got started 3 years ago with a Mr. Beer set as a gift. I made one brew and while that was fermenting I quickly went out and bought another Mr. Beer set. After 4 Mr. Beer brews, I wanted to make a cider and stumbled on this site. It opened up a whole new world of brewing to me, but the problem was that I just had a kid! That put the brewing on hold for a couple of years.

Now that I have more time, I decided to dust off the Mr. Beer LBKs since I've made the decision to stick with 2.5 gallon batches. I also picked up a kegerator with some 2.5 gallon kegs (I hated bottling when I had my first go around with home brewing).

Last week I made my first brew that wasn't a Mr. Beer kit or apple juice, although I'm still using a LBK for a fermenter. I made the Janet's Brown extract recipe from the Classic Styles book so I got to experience steeping, boiling, and adding hops. Hopefully it turns out okay and I can move on to BIAB at some point after another extract brew or two.

It was good to brew again after being away for a couple of years.

Welcome back. I never used Mr. Beer but I started out cheap and simple with pre-hopped extracts, but quickly figure out there was more to it. Keep learning and trying new techniques and ingredients soon you'll be brewing excellent beers.

Back