Hello.. New to Home Brewing..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon03

Reaction score
Just looking to introduce myself. I am a Mr. Beer kit beginner moving into a true home brew setup. I am purchasing a Brewer's Equipment Kit with a Kegging setup and a couple upgrade options, a wort chiller, 8-gal Tall Boy brew kettle, FermWrap Heater and a few other accessory equipment items.

I plan to build a room in my garage for my brewing equipment to help control a clean environment (garage is also used for automotive repairs, miscellaneous projects and our dogs are primarily in the garage so I think it would be safe to keep it separate.) I will be extract brewing for now with plans to eventually do all grain.

I plan to do my boils on a propane burner, but not in the garage (will be done outside). I then plan to transfer my wort into the room for racking into the fermentor and pitching the yeast. The room will mostly be used for primary and secondary fermenting, bottling, kegging, conditioning, storage of as well as cleaning and sanitizing equipment.

I plan to build a room about 10x10 just outside the bathroom so plumbing can easily be tapped into for a utility sink (preferably one of the janitor style sinks that sits low on the floor with a sprayer.) I plan to finish the inside walls with moisture resistant drywall and leave the floor concrete. I will also build a work bench along one wall with a shelf underneath as well some storage shelving on another wall. I was thinking about adding a large Plexiglas window that looks out into the garage as kind of a "viewing" area.

Its kind of a costly start (figured up to about $800 equipment plus room construction), but once I get going I think I'll have everything I need to make great beer.

Tips/suggestions are welcome!

Latest posts

Back