Hello new here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGuy49

Reaction score
and new to home brewing......:confused:

ready to put together a home brewery.........:rockin:

any assistance/help offered will be appreciated ... especially when I drink my first one : :tank:

OH... better add this right now my fav brews are the Fat Tire and Mothership from New Belgian brewery

<officially pouting now about the smiley thing> [OK not really LOL]

and new to home brewing......:confused:

ready to put together a home brewery.........:rockin:

any assistance/help offered will be appreciated ... especially when I drink my first one : :tank:

Welcome aboard.
My tips:
Just start reading for a week and you will know a little brew speak. Do not buy anything till you have spent a few hours ( preferably few weeks) reading all the forums here. That way you will not end up with a lot of kit that you wish you didn't really have. If you have room for an old fridge or freezer to hold your fermentation vessel then start looking for one and order an STC -1000 off eBay.

Welcome and get ready to spend 50% of your salary on brewing equipment lol

Like others have said, read a lot. I would recommend both "How To Brew" by John Palmer and "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing". I found How To Brew to be an all around great book. The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is also good but I use that more for the lists in it (i.e. hop varieties or all the types of sugars and their uses). I believe there are a couple other books in the Complete series but I can't recommend any others as I haven't read them yet. How To Brew also has the 1st edition online for free but I would recommend getting the updated book.

This forum is one of the best places to find information. It's up-to-date, the people are knowledgable and we are all homebrewers so if you have a problem you are guaranteed to find someone that has experienced it before and can recommend a solution.

Buying a starter kit isn't a bad way to start off. Just make sure the kit has everything you would want. Definitely read before buying so you make sure you get some good pieces of equipment...like an auto-siphon.

Welcome and get ready to spend 50% of your salary on brewing equipment lol

Like others have said, read a lot. I would recommend both "How To Brew" by John Palmer and "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing". .

I will second those choices and add a recommendation: When you first read Palmer you wont understand half of what's he talking about. That's ok. Keep with it and you'll brew beer.

But somewhere down the line, after you've brewed a few batches, re-read the book. You'll get a lot more out of it the second time around (and probably even more the third reading)

I'm ready to help with the last part, the drinking but I have to warn you that I limit myself to only 1 bottle of beer per day. :D

RM-MN said:
I'm ready to help with the last part, the drinking but I have to warn you that I limit myself to only 1 bottle of beer per day. :D

Personally, I limit myself to one glass. When I drop and break that one I stop refilling.

Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back