Hello from WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surgeonofdemise

Reaction score
Wanted to get a hello out from Wisconsin. New Homebrewer here.

Basically, my last birthday my wife gets me a gift, one small package. I open it, and it's a home brewing book (The Joy of). She says to me "You know, Surgeonofdemise, since you love all those wierd beers (her name for microbrews), you should try home brewing".

I page through the book a bit, I looked back at her to say thanks, and I swear there was this near blinding light behind her... and I swear she had wings!! Holy music and joyous laughter was heard in the background...

Nonetheless, I'm on my second batch already. Made a kit amber ale that's been bottled a week so far, and tried a recipe on here. The 'German Pilsner ale'. Smells yummy so far. Can't wait to get on the next one!

Great forum. A invaluable wealth of information here.

Thanks!!

S

Welcome, fellow Madisonite! I'm relatively new into homebrewing, myself, only having 4+ batches under my belt. (I say 4+ because one is really apfelwein, and was basically just assembly of components in about 10 minutes.) I think you'll quickly get into testing recipes on HBT, and then dive into all-grain brewing. I tried all-grain on my third batch, and it turned out great, even though I wasn't entirely convinced of how well it went. I'm still sticking to recipes for a while, until I really get the process down. (Plus, SWMBO wants me to brew in the garage, rather than in the house. So a burner and wort chiller are required, when I can find funding...)

Anyway, glad to have you aboard! Take a look around. Make yourself at home. RDWHAHB. :) I've seen a lot of people from Wisconsin (Madison, in particular) join lately. Perhaps we should start a Madison HBT chapter!

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I'm already looking at which cooler I'm gonna get for a mash tun! But for now I'd like to get down some tasty extract recipes.

Madison does seem to be a haven for homebrewers. I've overheard people talking about 'mashing' and such the last few times we've gone out. Have you looked into the Madison Homebrewers guild? (mhtg.org) A HBT Chapter would be cool too.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back