Hello from Vancouver, BC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batinse

Reaction score
Hi. I'm from Vancouver BC, a new convert to homebrew, and I've been perusing these pages for a while and thought I'd introduce myself. I lived in Scotland the past couple of years where I fell in love with cask ale, and before that, I lived in Montreal, where the local brew pub and microbreweries fostered a decade-long courtship of deliciousness. My first long-term goal as a homebrewer is to brew an Oatmeal Stout approaching McAuslan's.

Right now my equipment is a 40 L stainless steel stockpot (from a store called 'Tinland', which should be an indicator of its quality),a few carboys and swing-tops purchased from Craigslist, and a bathtub (for chilling, not brewing!). But, the sky's the limit.

Ah McAuslan's...... my holy grail of stout. I've been trying for years and haven't been able to achieve that sweet, sweet brew. :D

Welcome to HBT fellow Canuck! :mug:

Back