Hello from Upstate NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brick

Reaction score
I have been around for a few days so I thought I would say hello. I'm sort of a "born again" homebrewer in that I did four Brewer's Best extract kits back in 2004 and then put my buckets away. The results just weren't all that great, though looking back I can think of a dozen things that I probably did wrong. I dusted off the equipment late last year after finding that seemingly half my office homebrews and there are a couple of decent LHBS's in the area. I have done a bunch of Austin kits, too. The last 8 months or so have had me drinking some really fantastic beer! At this point I consider myself a reasonably competent extract and partial mash brewer, though I learn something to do better every single time.

One thing I really want to do is learn more about how different varieties of malt/grain and hops change a beer. Buying the kit and applying the process gets me beer but I'd rather understand where that recipe came from. And now that I know about BIAB I'm toying with the idea of going AG. That could make it just simple enough to tempt me in.

Tim

Back