Hello from the Lakemoron

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael L Collins

Lakemoron
Reaction score
The Village of Lakemore, Summit County, Ohio
I just joined a few days ago from The Village of Lakemore, Summit County, Ohio (south of Akron). My goal is to brew something that tastes less like beer and more like wine or spiked apple juice. It might seem strange to join a forum talking about brewing beer and not liking beer, but that just what I did. I wanted to learn from the people who came before me so I can control what I drink, and most commercial cider tastes way too much like beer/malt liquor.

I just started this whole homebrewing thing on 12/07/2019 with a cider and a sort of wine (fruit juices White Grape/Apple/Pear/Peach). I started a second cider on 12/12/2019.

I started to cold crash the cider (starting SPR/GR 1.10 Second reading 1.030). The wine went from SPR/GR 1.096 and is now 1.010 as of 12/14/2019.

I'm sure I'll be asking many questions to come.

Lakemore? We lived in Ellet until I was in 3rd grade. I've been around, but Akron always sucked me back in. Welcome to HBT, and John and the crew up at the Grape and Granary (Home Avenue just north of Evans, if you're not already a customer) will do you right.

Lakemore? We lived in Ellet until I was in 3rd grade. I've been around, but Akron always sucked me back in. Welcome to HBT, and John and the crew up at the Grape and Granary (Home Avenue just north of Evans, if you're not already a customer) will do you right.

Thank you,
Ellet's arch-rival Springfield High School is actually in Lakemore. One half of Springfield Lake belongs to the village, and I've had family ties to this place going back to the 1930s. I'm a Central-Hower grad (now closed), and even though I was born in another state (a state of confusion), I will always see my self as an Akronite/Lakemoron. When I'm in a better position (car issues), I'll try the Grape and Granary. It will be nice to have a place close to me.

Last edited:
Back