Hello from the greater Detroit area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rac3850

Reaction score
Finally getting around to join. This forum has been a rewarding source of information as I learn about brewing.

About 2 years ago one of my co-workers gave me inspiration to get into home brewing. So last August I finally bit the bullet and bought a basic plastic bucket starter kit. I followed the typical progression of someone taken by this hobby. I made some extracts, tried one partial mash, then my first all grain. My equipment has progressed from the plastic buckets and stove top kettle to an Anvil Foundry and Anvil fermenter. I just switched over to kegs from bottling, having built a two tap kegerator from a used mini fridge. I work in Ann Arbor, so I can easily visit Adventures in Home Brewing -- and have frequently. Their store is huge and awesome, and the folks are extremely helpful.

My goal is to someday brew up a batch that is as close as I can get to the best beer (for my taste) I ever had. The beer was from Watzke, a local brew house in Dresden. It was their house pilsner. I can't find anything commercial that comes close, and have only had one close call at a local brew pub in Ann Arbor - who have yet to re-make it in over two years.

Looking forward to learning more and contributing what little I can.

Cheers!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from Colorado :mug:

Pilsners are one of my favorite styles, when done very well. Keep at it!

Back